The most anticipated guest of the evening was the performer of the role of the Iron Man – Robert Downey-Jr.
Last Monday in Hollywood, the world premiere of the film “The Avengers: The War of Infinity” (in Russian rolled it was released on May 3). Red, or rather purple carpet stretched for almost a kilometer along Hollywood Boulevard. She withstood the onslaught of hundreds of fans and journalists who admired the 50 stars of the Avengers, the most popular kinomiki in history.
“War of Infinity” on the very first weekend collected a stunning, record $ 630 million in the global box office and, undoubtedly, will become one of the highest grossing films in the newest history of cinema.
This is the fourth film about the team of superheroes, there are gathered everyone who played in the previous films. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Samuel L. Jackson, Benedict Cumberbatch … But the most anticipated guest of the evening was the performer of the role of Iron Man – Robert Downey-Jr. He also talked about his hero.
“War of Infinity” on the first weekend gathered in the global box office stunning, a record $ 630 million
– 10 years ago, when everything was just beginning and were filming the first “Iron Man”, could you predict that your character will become one of the main movie heroes of our time?
– Yes, but not because I’m so incredibly clever. Just intuition told me this. Shortly before this came out “Batman: The Beginning”, very popular were the pictures about Spider-Man, which became just a sensation. And I realized that it was time to revive the genre of kinomics!
See: my generation grew up on Tony Stark from the paper comics invented by Stan Lee. He reflected in them a protest against the establishment that arose in society after Vietnam. And Stark – an eccentric billionaire a la Howard Hughes, who became a superhero – was his stunning finding. I also wanted to transfer the Iron Man in our time, when America is involved in quite other conflicts – and this topic again became relevant. And yet we finally had the opportunity to create special effects, which before were either too complicated and expensive, or looked ugly.
Well, then … If you shoot one film and it’s well received, you can take another one. If three projects succeed in succession, the fourth one is removed. Well, and if the fourth turned out good – then you can do anything at all!
Benedict Cumberbatch worked pretty well on the set
– How will Stark’s relationship with Captain America develop? I remember, in the previous film about the Avengers, released two years ago, your characters strongly quarreled.
– If you again turn to paper comics, you will see that the red thread throughout history has been the question: who will lead the team of the Avengers, Stark or Captain America? Well, here we went along the same path. And not just for the sake of dramatic drama. The fact that war broke out between them was not accidental: Tony Stark had a very difficult relationship with his father, and his father had just created Captain America, a man in whom ideal physical data combined with impeccable morality. And it is to him that Tony projects his fears and doubts, despite the fact that he himself has already gone through much and seen a lot.
– The audience was waiting for the meeting on the screen of the two most famous performers of the role of Sherlock Holmes in the 21st century. How did you work with Benedict Cumberbatch?
– Frankly, at first I did not even know what to think about him! But the more we spent time together – on and off the set – the more I was blinded by this guy, so damn well he worked!
– When you and I spoke last time, we discussed Gwyneth Paltrow in the role of Pepper Potts. And you said that for your character she is the voice of reason …
– Listen, Gwyneth is the treasure of our nation! If Tony 10 years ago took and died in the middle of the first film “Iron Man”, losing consciousness in the bathroom, she would have coped with everything herself. Together we went through a lot – from the moment when her heroine was picking in the chest of my hero. And it was this moment, strangely enough, that determined the characters of our characters, formed the basis for that close, almost intimate connection that lasts 10 years and will continue now, when they settled the relationship and announced the engagement.
Gwyneth is the treasure of the nation
AND AT THIS TIME
Spiderman was not shot in a super suit, but in ballet tights
Other Avengers stars told about their work
Chris Hemsworth (Thor):
– The most difficult for me was the first day of filming “The Avengers: The War of Infinity.” They shot the scene when my hero encounters the Guardians of the galaxy. I suddenly felt like a first grader: The guards all know each other, and I do not know anybody! Newbie! Suddenly, he became so nervous that butterflies fluttered in their breasts. I’m a fan of them, and I’ve never seen them in reality, only in the movies. But Chris Pratt tightly embraced me, and it became somehow calmer.
Tom Holland (Spider-Man):
– Unfortunately, I did not wear that crazy suit of the Iron Spider-Man, in which you will see me in the picture. Although it would be very cool if it existed in reality. I, like the wonderful Mark Ruffalo (the performer of the role of Hulk), like Josh Brolin (the performer of the role of super villain Thanos) on shootings wore something like ballet tights or pajamas, and we then painted the costumes on the computer. We did not look heroic, but rather stupid.
Josh Brolin (Thanos):
– Think about it, I had to play a huge evil purple dude. Well, I walked half-naked on the set to create a sense of fear for everyone. And I really thought that I scared everyone, but, judging by everything, not much.
Tom Hiddleston (Loki):
– Honestly, I’m surprised that everything is still here. However, you are probably also surprised. I did not think that I would play this role for so long – Loki had staged his own death so many times!
Chris Pratt (Peter Quill, Star Lord, Head of the Galaxy Guards):
– I’ll tell you so: “The Avengers: The War of Infinity” is perhaps the best film you’ve ever seen. That’s all. Instead, let’s talk about catching a perch. As many know, April-May is a great time for catching big-headed perch. Now I’m engaged in fishing with a spinning of 215 cm, with a hook Gamakatsu and Texas rigging. And my advice to you – always fish as slowly as possible – there is no need to hurry.
Feeling grateful the! not just from reading many positive reviews of #avengersinfinitywar Which is cool, thank you! but ALSO because I m goin after my favorite fish, the large mouth bass. #HawgHeaven #Bass #avengersinfinitybass
The Avengers: The War of Infinity. Official Trailer
The Avengers: The War of Infinity.Official Trailer